Our client, a well-known Canadian precious metals producer, is recruiting for a Chief Mining Engineer for their flagship gold project in northern Ontario.
- Supervise all mine engineering staff and manage all mine functions to maximize project performance.
- Oversee, coordinate and address engineering activities including annual budget, reserves, planning, surface and underground infrastructure, mine ventilation, geotechnical matters, material handling, reconciliation, hourly bonus, and reporting.
- Develop, optimize, and implement the approved mine plan to achieve annual tonnage and ounce objectives in a safe and economic manner.
Skills and Qualifications
- Eligible to work in Canada.
- Registered Professional Engineering license in Ontario.
- 10 years of experience in an underground mine engineering and operating role.
- Strong background in long-hole and conventional mining methods (essential)
- Strong Communition and leadership skills and the ability to drive results with our client’s operations and engineering teams, as well as technical and non-technical staff.
- Knowledge of engineering techniques as they apply to ore body evaluation and mine operations.
- Strong skills in A-Mine, AutoCAD, EPS, Deswik, VentSim, and others.
- Strong Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Power Point and Project) skills
- Strong CAD skills
- Ability to coach, mentor and develop the engineering team.
- Experience with paste fill, ground control, mine ventilation systems and underground water management.
Job reference : JOB-13018