Our client is a global engineering firm specialized in the design, procurement, and construction management of mineral processing plants. They are recruiting for a Mechanical Designer to support their Americas HQ in Montreal. This is a work-from-home position for the right candidate.
- Reporting to the Lead Mechanical Engineer, responsible for layout development, mechanical detail drawings, 3D models, 2D drawings and general arrangements in accordance with project requirements
- Produce 2D drawings extracted from 3D models, but also support the team responsible for all drafting deliverables related to mechanical engineering.
- Apply industry standards and/or advanced engineering principles at a conceptual level.
Skills & Experience
- 10 years experience in mineral processing plant layout, mechanical detail drawings, 3D modelling, general arrangements, and experience with multidisciplinary projects
- Experience in EPC/EPCM environment with onsite work during construction and commissioning
- High level understanding of structural standards (both imperial and metric), best practices, and regional design codes
- Ability to develop drafting standards and procedures
- Expertise in AutoCAD, familiarity with Advance Steel or other mechanical design software a must; AutoCAD Plant 3D an asset.
- French/English fluency a major asset
Job reference : JOB-13035