Back to all jobs
Skills and Experience:
Our client, a rapidly growing multi-national precious metals exploration company, is recruiting for an Exploration Manager to take their Canadian gold projects to the next level.
- Lead & supervise all geology-related work in the near-exploration area including mapping, drilling, logging, and sampling of drill core and structural analysis on drill core.
- Oversee geologic and resource modelling.
- Ensure exploration standard operational procedures are maintained &/or improvements are brought forward.
- Assay result verification for public release.
- Ensure that Health & Safety, Environmental, Code of Conduct policies are followed.
- Establish and maintain QA/QC procedures and protocols.
- Plan, coordinate and manage all diamond drill programs and activities in support of on-time and on-budget exploration.
- Exploration target ranking / target / processes.
- Exploration permit application/management.
- Interpreting various types of geological data and previous experience with mining/exploration geological.
Skills and Experience:
- Professional Geoscientist (P. Geo) designation.
- 15+ years of geological experience in Canadian resource development, preferably with precious metals and must have a thorough understanding of mining, greenfield exploration in Ontario.
- Bachelor or M.Sc. Degree in Geology (or related Earth Science discipline)
- Experience with gold exploration experience, specifically in mesothermal Archean greenstone settings.
- Experience with deep, detailed drill programs, involving wedging and directional, long-term drilling. Experience with exploration, walking properties, property evaluation and analysis on all exploration assets, as well as potential assets and acquisitions.
- Experience using and/or interpreting various types of geological data and previous experience with mining/exploration geological software applications; preferably Leapfrog, AcQuire, QGIS, DataShed, ArcGIS and the MS Office Suite.
- High proficiency in 3D modelling.
- Property evaluation and analysis on all exploration assets as well as potential assets for acquisition
- Strong computer and data management skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication.
- Proven safety record, attitude, and excellent performance & attendance history.
- Experience working rotation, living in a remote camp environment, and working and in adverse weather conditions.
Job reference : JOB-13086