Our client, a Toronto-based precious metals producer with a UG gold project in northern Ontario, is seeking a n experienced IT specialist to provide up to Level 3 Helpdesk and Desktop Support to both corporate and site-based employees.
- Provide 1st, 2nd and 3rd level helpdesk & desktop support to both corporate and site-based employees.
- Ensure service desk tickets are logged & managed accordingly, ensuring that all service levels are exceeded, keep clients up to date with resolution efforts on current incidents.
- Actively contribute to IT Policies and Pro.
- Install and configure computer hardware, software, systems, networks, printers, and scanners, including Managing stocks of equipment, consumables, and other supplies.
- Install, investigate, diagnose, and solve computer software and hardware faults.
- Install and maintain operating systems, network, and application software on desktop computers
- Understanding of Operational Technology systems including CITECT SCADA, Seismicity Monitoring, CCTV etc.
- Maintain regular housekeeping procedures, including data de-duplication, data backups,
- Conduct end-user training in systems use and access.
- Understanding of networking LAN/WAN protocols, VPN tunnels, IPSec, MPLS, and Cisco devices
- Liaise and communicate (both Written and Verbal) and provide input into (not limited to):
- Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s)
- Knowledge Base (KB)
- Proficiently resolving service requests/incidents
- Punctuality and regular attendance required.
- Other related duties as assigned.
Skills & Experience
- Degree/Diploma in a variety of computer systems
- Minimum 2-3 years’ experience in a similar role
- Attention to detail and ability to prioritize work.
- Demonstrated experience working with others, good overall communication skills.
- Strong decision making and problem-solving skills.
Job reference : JOB-13060