Our client, a Toronto-based precious metals producer is recruiting for a Manager of Mine Operations for their flagship underground gold project. This role’s primary responsibility will be to provide leadership for the efficient and safe operation of our client’s operations and engineering departments, and to direct and manage the overall planning, budgeting, staffing, cost containment, and profitability of these areas. This position will work with the senior management team in determining the overall strategy for the mine. This is a rotational role from anywhere in Canada.
- Develop and execute overall strategy for underground operations, maintenance, and engineering based on production needs.
- Oversee and implement mine planning and mine design operations to maximize production efficiency and resources.
- Preparation and management of the site Operating Management System including update and development of associated processes and procedures.
- Ensure that operations have full integrated technical and maintenance support to ensure priorities are identified and built into long and medium-term plans.
- Ensure areas of engineering risk and opportunity are identified in a timely manner to guarantee that necessary engineering can be completed prior to mining.
- Ensure that necessary quality control is in place to ensure safe operation, regulatory compliance, operational efficiencies, and maximum value creation is obtained.
Skills and Experience:
- Professional Engineer designation with a minimum of 15 years in narrow vein, underground mining experience and 5 years in a leadership capacity.
- Experience in managing budgets/accounting software (Pronto preferred)
- Specific experience in ore reserve estimation and life-of-mine planning.
- Proven experience in developing long term strategies involving multi-disciplinary issues.
- Working knowledge and understanding of the Ontario Mining Act and applicable Regulations
- Strong incident management, investigation and reporting skills (ICAM preferred)
Job reference : JOB-12991