Our client, a publicly listed, global, precious metals producer, is recruiting for a Mine Manager for its signature underground gold project in British Colombia. Reporting to the Head of Projects, this role will develop and implement the project execution strategy, ensuring overall project scope of services and scope of work is performed in a safe, cost effective and timely manner. This is a FIFO role, on a 2 and 2 rotation..
- Accountable for project to be delivered on time, within budget, and as per specifications, ensuring all work is completed in accordance with the approved project schedule, cost and quality expectations.
- Monitor and review all project delivery components including administration, document control, project control, staff planning, engineering, supply chain management, construction, and pre-commissioning
- Oversee the development of all project budgets, schedules and progress reports and project-specific change and risk management systems
- Organize and lead planning sessions, team building workshops and project coordination meetings
- Ensures an appropriate review process is implemented for the project including project reviews, risk reviews, constructability, and independent peer reviews
- Provide leadership to the project team on HSEC matters and ensures all employees and contractors carry out their duties and responsibilities as defined in the project HSEC execution plan
- Demonstrate absolute commitment and leadership in providing a safe and healthy working environment
- Demonstrate commitment to delivering on departmental plans; ensuring resources are aligned to the plans:
- Establish effective budgeting, forecasting, cost management and analysis processes ensuring compliance with company financial and governance policies, procedures, and reporting standards:
- Prepares budgets, reports and presentations on performance and costs
Skills and Experience
- Post graduate bachelor’s degree in Engineering
- Professional Engineer designation
- Minimum of 15 years experience delivering large scale, underground, block cave mining projects with several years experience in a technical, people and process leadership capacity
Job reference : JOB-13055