Our client, a well-known, multi-asset precious metals producer is recruiting for an experienced Site Electrical and Instrumentation Planner for their signature gold project in Northern Ontario. Reporting to the Mill Maintenance Superintendent, will be responsible for developing, implementing and maintaining all aspects of reliability-based maintenance strategies with a focus on preventative and predictive maintenance.
- Participate in the implementation of a CMMS program.
- Ensure all electrical and instrumentation planning activities are compliant with health, safety and environmental standards.
- Develop and implement safe and viable maintenance planning strategies. Review current maintenance plans to identify and resolve any deficiencies.
- Coordinate and schedule manpower and parts to minimize downtime and optimize production.
- Collaborate with other departments to ensure maintenance and equipment usage is tracked and work orders are prioritized.
- Provide accurate detailed maintenance planning reports as needed, including performance reports and KPI’s.
- Coach and mentor the team to develop strategies that support the maintenance workflow process and safely maximize plant equipment availability.
- Use CMMS to develop a daily, weekly and long-term work schedule to secure adequate resources to complete preventative, predictive and planned maintenance including shutdown.
Skills & Qualification
- Engineering degree or diploma in a relevant field. Previous trade experience and/or licensed tradesperson.
- At least 5 years of experience in a similar role in the mining industry.
- Extensive knowledge of process plant equipment.
- Previous experience successfully implementing and overseeing CMMS programs, such as SAP.
- Knowledge of PLC and DCS systems along with Delta V would be an asset.
- Excellent computer skills including MS Office, SAP and Projects.
- Solid planning, scheduling and implementation experience.
- Project start-up experience would be an asset.
- Desire to live/work in northern Ontario – 4 days on / 3 days off.
Job reference : JOB-13010