Back to all jobs
Our client, a mineral resource company focused on the exploration and development of gold projects in the prolific Timmins area in northern Ontario, is recruiting for a Principal Geologist to provide leadership, guidance and quality control to their flagship UG project.
- Ownership of the geological interpretation of project gold deposits, including the development of geological maps, cross-sections, long sections and level plans, utilizing all available data.
- Collaborate with the resource modelling and database team to ensure geological interpretations and mineralization controls are properly captured in the resource models.
- Implement and maintain systems and procedures required for the execution of all technical aspects of diamond drill programs, including core logging, core cutting, sampling, and QA/QC.
- Collaborate in the development of geological, geochemical and geophysical, technical procedures to ensure they are fit for purpose and exceed industry standards.
- Responsible for ensuring proper collection of exploration data.
- Expected to compile, interpret and report program technical data as required as either technical reports or as presentations.
- Complete geological logging and collection of data from drill core and field projects.
- Mentorship of geologists in core logging, data collection and geological interpretation.
- Data consolidation, technical due diligence, and development of exploration plans
- Collaborate in the development of diamond drill programs.
- Bachelor of Science in Geological Sciences
- Minimum of ten years’ experience in mineral exploration
- Experience with Leapfrog Geo, MX Deposit, Geosoft, Arc-Pro and Microsoft Office suite
Job reference : JOB-13054