Our client is a global base metals company with a wide spectrum of exploration and production projects in North America, Australia and Europe. They are recruiting for a Sr. Production Geologist for their flagship zinc operation in Tennessee.
- Grade Control activities – face and muck pile grading.
- Overseeing ore production – record daily tons & grade, mined ore reconciliation.
- Dilution Planning and Tracking of Dilution Data.
- Ore Interpretation - stope and development mapping, cross sections.
- Plan, implement, and record subsurface long hole drilling programs.
- Compilation and reconciliation of monthly mined and milled resources/reserve.
- Daily interaction with Mine Superintendent, Mine General Foreman and Short Term Mine Planner with regards to planning and mining activities.
- Panning and XRF analysis of long hole drill cuttings as needed.
- Import drill hole data and create mine models using the MineSight software program.
- Updating Mine quarterly Resource in MineSight program
- Liaise with subsurface Drilling Contractors.
- Mentor trainee/graduate Geologists.
Experience & Qualifications
- B.S. in Geology.
- 3-5 years subsurface production geology experience in mining role.
- Experience in geological modelling software packages, preferably MineSight.
- Exposure to geostatistical resource estimation techniques and block modelling.
- Exposure to a broad range of drilling techniques.
- Good practical understanding of underground mining methods
- Ability to coordinate the delivery of Geological processes.
- Results driven achiever with exemplary planning, organization, communication and leadership skills.
- Strong project management abilities.
Job reference : JOB-13028