Our client is a global base metals company with a wide spectrum of exploration and production projects in North America, Australia and Europe. The are recruiting for a Sr. Resource Geologist for their flagship zinc operation in Tennessee.
- Support mine and district-wide exploration activities on mining leases.
- Integrates and interprets all geological and mineralogical data into internally consistent three-dimensional solids, surface geology maps, cross sections and level plans.
- Works with a team of geologists in the completion of geological block models that meet corporate modeling standards.
- Performs statistical and geostatistical evaluations of drill-hole data.
- Performs grade interpolation, utilizing various geostatistical techniques.
- Develop coding methodology; including re-logging (if needed), manage the entry of geological (rock type, alteration, marker beds, structure, ore types), assay and mineralogical data into database.
- Routinely validates Drill data underpinning resource estimation to check database accuracy.
- Works with and provides support to the Resource Audit Team in their audits of resource models.
- Delivers guidance on planning models and reconciliation, perform other duties as required.
- Supports the Geology Team as required and to the wider MTS Department.
- Provides technical, personal support to Mine and Exploration geologists.
- Leads Bi-Annual resource updates.
Skills & Experience
- Master’s Degree in Geology or closely related discipline from an accredited curriculum and 5 years of experience in the applicable field of expertise.
- 7 years experience + Bachelors Degree or 4 yrs experience + Masters Degree.
- Experience in ore control and short-term mine planning as well as geological modeling of sediment-hosted or narrow vein-type deposits.
- Sound background in resource estimation, geological modeling and Geostatistics.
- Advance comprehension of principles & methods used in complex geological analyses.
- Experience with mining software (MineSight 3D, Datamine, Vulcan etc.)
- Experience with implicit modeling software (Geologic, LeapFrog, etc.)
- Experience with databases and Geoscientific Information Management software (acQuire, etc.)
- Database management skills.
- Ability to coordinate the delivery of land Administration processes.
Job reference : JOB-13029