Our client owns one of the most historic and productive mines in North America and is in the process of completing the financing for, and execution of, its operational restart.
They require an experienced Site Manager of Finance to lead and build out the financial reporting and compliance functions for the project. Based in Coeur d’Alene, Idaho, this role will offer a unique career opportunity to play a key role in our client’s growth and development. The successful candidate will have mining operations experience as well as the necessary financial reporting qualifications, integrity & professionalism, and drive to initiate and carry out projects/processes through to successful completion. Excellent technical capabilities, attention to detail, strong work ethic and communication skills, and ability to meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment are required.
- Manage all finance functions for site through construction, commissioning and operation of the mine while maintaining adherence to company accounting policies.
- Manage project cost accounting through feasibility study and construction with sound systems to maintain reporting with debt and equity financing requirements.
- Provide multi-function management through the early stages to include other areas such as IT, HR, general administration etc.Partnering with onsite teams to manage and oversee the internal controls, accounting functions, and reporting systems in a manner that aligns with the operational tempo and meeting structure of the site.
- Develop and recommend an annual budget and regularly tracking performance with operating plans and standards.
- Plan and direct the financial reporting, tax, accounting, data processing, and management information systems including periodic audits.
- Make proactive recommendations – spanning policy, reporting and tools – to ensure the company maintains a lean, effective and modern approach to all aspects of financial reporting.
- Provide timely financial reporting and analysis and cost control services in accordance with company systems and procedures.
- Oversee the short-range and long-range cost forecasts and operating plans.
- Provide departmental financial updates and making financial recommendations regularly.
- Maintain control over fixed assets and capture tax depreciation.
- Provide regular and ad hoc financial reporting to departments, management and head office.
- Participate in broader team building activities and engaging with all aspects of the operation across all teams in order to gain a solid understanding of the nature of the operation and associated activity.
Skills & Experience
- Financial functional and team leadership.
- CPA designation.
- Mining operations combined with start up and/or construction.
- ERP implementation.
- US GAAP.
- Working on a mine site.
Job reference : JOB-13037