Our client, a well-known, multi-asset precious metals producer is recruiting for an experienced Mill Maintenance Superintendent for their signature gold project in Northern Ontario. Reporting to the Mill Manager, this role will oversee the safe, efficient general and preventive maintenance for all Fixed Plant equipment and resources. This is a critical position leading the mill maintenance team, (mechanical, electrical, instrumentation and control) and implementing maintenance strategies to ensure availability and reliability.
- Promote and maintain strict adherence to health, safety, environmental and community relations concerns and regulations.
- Create, implement, and monitor mill maintenance plans and schedules.
- Analyze and interpret maintenance trends to maintain reliability and cost effectiveness.
- Provide guidance and coaching to the mill maintenance team, identify opportunities for training and professional development.
- Monitor equipment performance and oversee mill maintenance inspections to ensure accurate, timely results.
- Collaborate with mill operations and other departments to implement continuous improvement initiatives.
- Manages spending within approved budget.
- Recommends staffing requirements and participates in the hiring process.
Skills & Experience
- Minimum of 10 years of mill maintenance experience, with minimum 3 years in a senior supervisory role.
- Expertise in mill and ore processing maintenance.
- Solid knowledge of OHS requirements.
- Computer proficiency including with a Computer Maintenance Management System
- Budgeting and expense management experience.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Solid organizational, leadership and coaching capabilities.
- Strong commitment to safety, health, risk management, and environmental standards.
- Ability to adjust to rapidly changing priorities.
- Ability to maintain motivation of crews.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office programs, specifically Excel, Word and Outlook.
- Desire to live/work in northern Ontario – 4 days on / 3 days off.
Job reference : JOB-13009