Our client, an emerging Canadian base metals producer, has engaged Lincoln Strategic to help them recruit a Vice President, Operations. This will play a crucial role in developing the mine site, preparing plans and budgets for all areas of responsibility, including exploration and project development.
- Function as a liaison between their Senior Leadership and Project Management teams and a key member of the senior executive team
- Executing programs in accordance with approved plans and budgets, as well as providing timely reporting in connection with the execution of the programs
- Hiring, managing, directing and mentoring all operations-related personnel with a view to achieving program objectives in a timely and cost-efficient manner.
- Overseeing and managing all operations-related contractors
- Assisting the President and other members of senior executive team with Board relations, community relations, investor relations, government relations, and industry relations.
- Monitoring business opportunities, managing activities directed to advancing acquisitions, and assisting in negotiations.
Skills and Experience
- 15 years experience in the mineral resource industry with previous experience at senior management level.
- Demonstrated leadership and ability to coordinate exploration, project development and administration activities.
- Sound business acumen with knowledge of financial and accounting practices in mining or related engineering discipline.
- Ability to maintain a flexible schedule at the project site.
- A solid grasp of execution fundamentals and a strong technical bias, combined with the ability to apply technical strategic-thinking concepts.
Job reference : JOB-12992